IT 210 Business Systems Analysis Project Paper
Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
IT 210 Business Systems Analysis Project Paper
Technology has changed our lives drastically in the past twenty years. For example, consider the rise of mobile devices connected to the internet using wireless communication. We have progressed from shopping solely in brick-and-mortar stores to having the ability to do anything from renting a vacation home to purchasing cupcakes online using a mobile device.
To keep up with how consumers communicate, businesses have to incorporate these devices and technologies into their business models to reach customers. Developing appropriate technical solutions to business problems begins with defining, analyzing, and documenting the necessary requirements.
For this project, you will play the role of an employee working for a small brick-and-mortar business. Your business is seeking to establish an online presence, but it must first invest in new technology. You will create a business systems analysis to provide the business owner with your recommendations for a technology solution that will support her venture into e-commerce.
The project is divided into two milestones, which will be submitted at various points throughout the course to scaffold learning and ensure quality final submissions. These milestones will be submitted in Modules Three and Five. The final product will be submitted in Module Seven.
Use the Final Project template document as a guide to ensure you have met all requirements before submitting your final draft. In this assignment, you will demonstrate your mastery of the following course outcomes:
Analyze a business organization for determining the business requirements related to information technology systems
Articulate the role and function of information systems in business organizations for how they impact business operations
Recommend appropriate information technology options for effectively supporting business operations
Recommend basic security considerations related to business information systems for effectively securing company data
Prompt Imagine that you work for the small brick-and-mortar business described in the final project case scenario. The owner of your business wants to focus on generating new revenue through e-commerce, but she knows that this change in operations requires the company to integrate new technology.
To gain an understanding of what the business might need for technology, she has asked you to create a business systems analysis. In this analysis, you will clearly introduce the problem that your business is facing. Then, you will determine the business requirements for solving that problem, including the requirements that any new technology needs to meet.
Next, you will explain how your competitors are using the two technologies in which you are investing, to determine whether those technologies are appropriate for your business. Finally, you will propose your recommendations for the technology solution that best meets the needs of your business, including what your business owner must consider in regard to security and privacy of company data. Select two of the following technologies to focus on in your business systems analysis paper:
Big data and knowledge management
Wireless, mobile computing, and mobile commerce
Business analytics and business intelligence solutions
Intelligent systems Specifically, the following critical elements must be addressed:
- Introduction: In this section, you will briefly introduce the small business from the case scenario, and the problem that it is trying to solve. A. Clearly state the problem that the business owner is seeking to solve. Be sure to address the question of what your business ultimately wants to do.
- Identify and briefly describe the two technologies from the list provided that you will research in your business systems analysis.
- Business Requirements: In this section, you will determine what the business requirements are for solving the stated problem, and establish the criteria that will help form your technology recommendations. You will also articulate why the business owner should undertake the project of integrating new technology.
- Explain the objectives of undertaking this project to integrate new technology. In others words, what should the project accomplish, and how does it support the goal of your business?
- Provide a project description that explains the purpose of the project. Be sure to address the following: i. What does your business need to do to satisfy the objectives?
- What are the desired results at the end of the project? iii. Why is it important for your business owner to consider implementing new technology?
- State the key technological requirements that will be required of any new technology in order to effectively solve your business’s problem. In other words, what specifically does the technology need to be capable of doing? (These are the technology requirements in the decision matrix.)
3III. Competitors and Technology: In this section, you will describe two competing companies that operate in the same industry as your business. You will also explain how a company uses the two technologies that you are investigating in order to determine if the technology may be appropriate for your business to use. Remember that a list of competing companies was provided to you in the final project case scenario.
- Technology One: Select one company in the same industry as your own that uses this technology. Briefly describe what that company does and how it uses this technology to support its business in general. Include specific examples.
- Technology Two: Select one company in the same industry as your own that uses this technology. Briefly describe what that company does and how it uses this technology to support its business in general. Include specific examples.
- Referring to what you learned in your research on the companies above, explain one specific way in which one of the companies is benefitting from technology, and describe the potential benefit to your business if you were to adopt the same approach.
- Technology Solutions: In this section, you will discuss how each of the two technologies meets the technology requirements that you identified in section II. Use your decision matrix to guide your responses. A. Technology One: Explain how well this technology meets the technology requirements of your business.
Be sure to address which technology requirements the technology meets, and where there are gaps. B. Technology Two: Explain how well this technology meets the technology requirements of your business. Be sure to address which technology requirements the technology meets, and where there are gaps.
- Recommendations: In this section, you will recommend the technology solution that you believe is most appropriate for your business based on how well each technology meets your business’s technology requirements.
- Recommend a technology solution for your business, and defend why that solution is appropriate. You may recommend only one technology or any combination of the two that you investigated.
- Explain the overall benefit of your recommended technology solution to your business. Consider the following: C. How will it will it enhance efficiency?
- How will it position your business for future growth as you move online?
- Basic Security Considerations: In this section, you will briefly explain what the owner of your business must consider in regard to security and privacy if they choose to adopt your recommendations.
- Explain the security features your recommended technology solution should have.
- Briefly explain what your business should consider in regard to security and privacy as you seek out third-party vendors for the proposed technology.
- Briefly describe the internal safeguards that should be put in place in your business to guard against loss or misuse of company data. Provide
Milestones Milestone One: Introduction, Business Requirements, and Competitors and Technology In Module Three, you will submit the first milestone, in which you will develop your problem statement, technology requirements, and suggested technologies for your final project. This milestone will be graded with the Milestone One Rubric.
Milestone Two: Technology Solutions and Recommendations In Module Five, you will submit the second milestone, in which you will research competitors and analyze the technologies they are using. This milestone will be graded with the Milestone Two Rubric. Module Seven: Basic Security Considerations Please note you will not engage in Milestone work for Part VI of your final project, Basic Security Considerations.
However, you will have an opportunity to work through the information that will inform this part of your project in Module Seven as well as to ask your peers and instructors any questions you have in the topic. At this point you should be able to finish this part of your final project and submit the completed draft with all pieces.
Final Submission: Business Systems Analysis In Module Seven, you will submit your final project. It should be a complete, polished artifact containing all of the critical elements of the final product. It should reflect the incorporation of feedback gained throughout the course. This submission will be graded with the Final Project Rubric.
Final Project Rubric Guidelines for Submission: Your business systems analysis should be 6–7 pages in length (not including a cover page and references) and written in APA format. Use double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and one-inch margins.
IT 210 Business Systems Analysis Project Paper
QUALITY OF RESPONSE NO RESPONSE POOR / UNSATISFACTORY SATISFACTORY GOOD EXCELLENT Content (worth a maximum of 50% of the total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 20 points out of 50: The essay illustrates poor understanding of the relevant material by failing to address or incorrectly addressing the relevant content; failing to identify or inaccurately explaining/defining key concepts/ideas; ignoring or incorrectly explaining key points/claims and the reasoning behind them; and/or incorrectly or inappropriately using terminology; and elements of the response are lacking. 30 points out of 50: The essay illustrates a rudimentary understanding of the relevant material by mentioning but not full explaining the relevant content; identifying some of the key concepts/ideas though failing to fully or accurately explain many of them; using terminology, though sometimes inaccurately or inappropriately; and/or incorporating some key claims/points but failing to explain the reasoning behind them or doing so inaccurately. Elements of the required response may also be lacking. 40 points out of 50: The essay illustrates solid understanding of the relevant material by correctly addressing most of the relevant content; identifying and explaining most of the key concepts/ideas; using correct terminology; explaining the reasoning behind most of the key points/claims; and/or where necessary or useful, substantiating some points with accurate examples. The answer is complete. 50 points: The essay illustrates exemplary understanding of the relevant material by thoroughly and correctly addressing the relevant content; identifying and explaining all of the key concepts/ideas; using correct terminology explaining the reasoning behind key points/claims and substantiating, as necessary/useful, points with several accurate and illuminating examples. No aspects of the required answer are missing. Use of Sources (worth a maximum of 20% of the total points). Zero points: Student failed to include citations and/or references. Or the student failed to submit a final paper. 5 out 20 points: Sources are seldom cited to support statements and/or format of citations are not recognizable as APA 6th Edition format. There are major errors in the formation of the references and citations. And/or there is a major reliance on highly questionable. The Student fails to provide an adequate synthesis of research collected for the paper. 10 out 20 points: References to scholarly sources are occasionally given; many statements seem unsubstantiated. Frequent errors in APA 6th Edition format, leaving the reader confused about the source of the information. There are significant errors of the formation in the references and citations. And/or there is a significant use of highly questionable sources. 15 out 20 points: Credible Scholarly sources are used effectively support claims and are, for the most part, clear and fairly represented. APA 6th Edition is used with only a few minor errors. There are minor errors in reference and/or citations. And/or there is some use of questionable sources. 20 points: Credible scholarly sources are used to give compelling evidence to support claims and are clearly and fairly represented. APA 6th Edition format is used accurately and consistently. The student uses above the maximum required references in the development of the assignment. Grammar (worth maximum of 20% of total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 5 points out of 20: The paper does not communicate ideas/points clearly due to inappropriate use of terminology and vague language; thoughts and sentences are disjointed or incomprehensible; organization lacking; and/or numerous grammatical, spelling/punctuation errors 10 points out 20: The paper is often unclear and difficult to follow due to some inappropriate terminology and/or vague language; ideas may be fragmented, wandering and/or repetitive; poor organization; and/or some grammatical, spelling, punctuation errors 15 points out of 20: The paper is mostly clear as a result of appropriate use of terminology and minimal vagueness; no tangents and no repetition; fairly good organization; almost perfect grammar, spelling, punctuation, and word usage. 20 points: The paper is clear, concise, and a pleasure to read as a result of appropriate and precise use of terminology; total coherence of thoughts and presentation and logical organization; and the essay is error free. Structure of the Paper (worth 10% of total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 3 points out of 10: Student needs to develop better formatting skills. The paper omits significant structural elements required for and APA 6th edition paper. Formatting of the paper has major flaws. The paper does not conform to APA 6th edition requirements whatsoever. 5 points out of 10: Appearance of final paper demonstrates the student’s limited ability to format the paper. There are significant errors in formatting and/or the total omission of major components of an APA 6th edition paper. They can include the omission of the cover page, abstract, and page numbers. Additionally the page has major formatting issues with spacing or paragraph formation. Font size might not conform to size requirements. The student also significantly writes too large or too short of and paper 7 points out of 10: Research paper presents an above-average use of formatting skills. The paper has slight errors within the paper. This can include small errors or omissions with the cover page, abstract, page number, and headers. There could be also slight formatting issues with the document spacing or the font Additionally the paper might slightly exceed or undershoot the specific number of required written pages for the assignment. 10 points: Student provides a high-caliber, formatted paper. This includes an APA 6th edition cover page, abstract, page number, headers and is double spaced in 12’ Times Roman Font. Additionally, the paper conforms to the specific number of required written pages and neither goes over or under the specified length of the paper.
GET THIS PROJECT NOW BY CLICKING ON THIS LINK TO PLACE THE ORDER
Do You Have Any Other Essay/Assignment/Class Project/Homework Related to this? Click Here Now [CLICK ME] and Have It Done by Our PhD Qualified Writers!!
Tired of getting an average grade in all your school assignments, projects, essays, and homework? Try us today for all your academic schoolwork needs. We are among the most trusted and recognized professional writing services in the market.
We provide unique, original and plagiarism-free high quality academic, homework, assignments and essay submissions for all our clients. At our company, we capitalize on producing A+ Grades for all our clients and also ensure that you have smooth academic progress in all your school term and semesters.
High-quality academic submissions, A 100% plagiarism-free submission, Meet even the most urgent deadlines, Provide our services to you at the most competitive rates in the market, Give you free revisions until you meet your desired grades and Provide you with 24/7 customer support service via calls or live chats.