Estimating the risk-free rate in Colombian pesos
Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
Estimating the risk-free rate in Colombian pesos
Questions need to be completed individually
Example Test 2
- Odinsa, S.A. is a Colombian construction and infrastructure development company operating primarily in Colombia, but also in Chile and Panama, and in the Dominican Republic and other parts of the Caribbean.
Here is the Beta Regression page returned by Bloomberg for the company:
The index used for this regression is COLCAP – a Colombian stock index. (The six largest stocks in the index constitute half of the index’s market capitalization.)
Interpret the intercept of this regression. (What is it telling us about the company?)
- You have been given the following information:
Country Local Currency Bond Yield CDS Spread Standard Deviation in Government Bond Standard Deviation in Equity Colombia 7.0% 1.39% 15% 35% Chile 4.2% 0.96% 10% 20%
- Estimate the risk-free rate in Colombian pesos.
- Estimate the market risk premium for operations in Chile. (You may assume the market risk premium in mature markets is 5%.)
- You have been asked to estimate a levered beta for Flatline Medical Co., a company that operates in the pharmaceutical and healthcare support service industries. You have calculated the following:
Comparable Firms Business Estimated value (in $million) Regression Beta D/E ratio Pharma $1,200 1.02 15% Services $800 0.95 35%
The company has 100 million shares outstanding, trading at $20 per share. (It has no debt.) The tax rate for all companies is 40%.
- Estimate the levered beta for Flatline, given its current structure.
- Now suppose Flatline has decided to sell its healthcare services division (for $800 million). In addition, it will borrow $200 million. Finally, it will pay a one-time special dividend of $600 million. (It will keep the remaining $400 million as cash for future investment needs.)
Estimate the new levered beta of the company after these changes.
Example Test 3
- Transportes Aeromar is an airline based in Mexico City. They operate domestic passenger service in Mexico and international service to the United States. Aeromar’s revenue breakdown is summarized below along with some macroeconomic data.
Country Revenue (in million $US) Gov’t Bond Rate (in local currency) Gov’t Bond Rate (in $US) Equity Market Standard Deviation Bond Market Standard Deviation Mexico 200 7% 5% 24% 16% US 60 2.5% 2.5% 15% 10%
The market risk premium for the US is 5.5% and the beta for Aeromar is 1.2. Estimate the cost of equity in Mexican Pesos. (Note: Mexico’s debt is not AAA rated. You may assume that Mexico has the same bond rating in Pesos and US$.)
- Nile.com is an internet retailor which also runs an internet services business. 75% of the company’s revenue comes from sales and the rest from services. You have estimated the following about those industries:
Industry Average Beta Average D/E ratio Internet Retailors 1.23 0.1 Internet Services 1.00 0.2
The company has a market capitalization of $10 billion and also has $2 billion of debt outstanding. The companies’ tax rate is 40%.
- Estimate the levered beta for the company.
- Nile.com has decided to acquire Total Grub, a national grocery store chain. They plan to issue $3 billion of equity and use the money to acquire Total Grub. Grocery stores have an unlevered beta of 0.5. Estimate the new levered beta of the company (after the acquisition).
Example Test 4
Here are the results of a Beta regression for Bombardier.
1a. Estimate the Jensen’s Alpha (annualized) for Bombardier during this period?
1b. Give a 67% confidence interval for this estimate of Bombardier’s Beta.
- Bombardier is considering an offer to purchase Taneja Aerospace & Aviation Ltd., an Indian Aircraft manufacturer. The Indian government has 10-year Rupee denominated bonds outstanding which are rated BBB- and have a yield to maturity of 8.3%. The default risk premium on BBB- rated bonds is 2.5%. The Indian equity markets are 1½ times as volatile as the Indian government bond. The ten-year U.S. Treasury bond yields 2% and the mature market risk premium is 6%.
Estimate the US dollar cost of equity Bombardier should use for this investment. (Use information from problem 1 if necessary.)
- You have gathered the following information about Bombardier’s two divisions:
The average regression beta for Aerospace companies is 1.1 and the average D/E ratio of these firms is 30%. The average regression beta for Railroad companies is 1.44 and the average D/E ratio of these firms is 25%. The tax rate for all firms is 33%.
The firm’s value comes 55% from the Aerospace division and 45% from the Rail division. The market capitalization of the company is Can$8.6 billion and it has Can$5 billion in outstanding debt.
- Estimate the levered beta for Bombardier today.
- Suppose the company is thinking of selling the Rail division for its current value in cash. They plan to use half the money to retire debt and the other half to pay a one-time dividend to stockholders. Estimate the levered beta of the firm if they go ahead with this plan. (
QUALITY OF RESPONSE NO RESPONSE POOR / UNSATISFACTORY SATISFACTORY GOOD EXCELLENT Content (worth a maximum of 50% of the total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 20 points out of 50: The essay illustrates poor understanding of the relevant material by failing to address or incorrectly addressing the relevant content; failing to identify or inaccurately explaining/defining key concepts/ideas; ignoring or incorrectly explaining key points/claims and the reasoning behind them; and/or incorrectly or inappropriately using terminology; and elements of the response are lacking. 30 points out of 50: The essay illustrates a rudimentary understanding of the relevant material by mentioning but not full explaining the relevant content; identifying some of the key concepts/ideas though failing to fully or accurately explain many of them; using terminology, though sometimes inaccurately or inappropriately; and/or incorporating some key claims/points but failing to explain the reasoning behind them or doing so inaccurately. Elements of the required response may also be lacking. 40 points out of 50: The essay illustrates solid understanding of the relevant material by correctly addressing most of the relevant content; identifying and explaining most of the key concepts/ideas; using correct terminology; explaining the reasoning behind most of the key points/claims; and/or where necessary or useful, substantiating some points with accurate examples. The answer is complete. 50 points: The essay illustrates exemplary understanding of the relevant material by thoroughly and correctly addressing the relevant content; identifying and explaining all of the key concepts/ideas; using correct terminology explaining the reasoning behind key points/claims and substantiating, as necessary/useful, points with several accurate and illuminating examples. No aspects of the required answer are missing. Use of Sources (worth a maximum of 20% of the total points). Zero points: Student failed to include citations and/or references. Or the student failed to submit a final paper. 5 out 20 points: Sources are seldom cited to support statements and/or format of citations are not recognizable as APA 6th Edition format. There are major errors in the formation of the references and citations. And/or there is a major reliance on highly questionable. The Student fails to provide an adequate synthesis of research collected for the paper. 10 out 20 points: References to scholarly sources are occasionally given; many statements seem unsubstantiated. Frequent errors in APA 6th Edition format, leaving the reader confused about the source of the information. There are significant errors of the formation in the references and citations. And/or there is a significant use of highly questionable sources. 15 out 20 points: Credible Scholarly sources are used effectively support claims and are, for the most part, clear and fairly represented. APA 6th Edition is used with only a few minor errors. There are minor errors in reference and/or citations. And/or there is some use of questionable sources. 20 points: Credible scholarly sources are used to give compelling evidence to support claims and are clearly and fairly represented. APA 6th Edition format is used accurately and consistently. The student uses above the maximum required references in the development of the assignment. Grammar (worth maximum of 20% of total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 5 points out of 20: The paper does not communicate ideas/points clearly due to inappropriate use of terminology and vague language; thoughts and sentences are disjointed or incomprehensible; organization lacking; and/or numerous grammatical, spelling/punctuation errors 10 points out 20: The paper is often unclear and difficult to follow due to some inappropriate terminology and/or vague language; ideas may be fragmented, wandering and/or repetitive; poor organization; and/or some grammatical, spelling, punctuation errors 15 points out of 20: The paper is mostly clear as a result of appropriate use of terminology and minimal vagueness; no tangents and no repetition; fairly good organization; almost perfect grammar, spelling, punctuation, and word usage. 20 points: The paper is clear, concise, and a pleasure to read as a result of appropriate and precise use of terminology; total coherence of thoughts and presentation and logical organization; and the essay is error free. Structure of the Paper (worth 10% of total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 3 points out of 10: Student needs to develop better formatting skills. The paper omits significant structural elements required for and APA 6th edition paper. Formatting of the paper has major flaws. The paper does not conform to APA 6th edition requirements whatsoever. 5 points out of 10: Appearance of final paper demonstrates the student’s limited ability to format the paper. There are significant errors in formatting and/or the total omission of major components of an APA 6th edition paper. They can include the omission of the cover page, abstract, and page numbers. Additionally the page has major formatting issues with spacing or paragraph formation. Font size might not conform to size requirements. The student also significantly writes too large or too short of and paper 7 points out of 10: Research paper presents an above-average use of formatting skills. The paper has slight errors within the paper. This can include small errors or omissions with the cover page, abstract, page number, and headers. There could be also slight formatting issues with the document spacing or the font Additionally the paper might slightly exceed or undershoot the specific number of required written pages for the assignment. 10 points: Student provides a high-caliber, formatted paper. This includes an APA 6th edition cover page, abstract, page number, headers and is double spaced in 12’ Times Roman Font. Additionally, the paper conforms to the specific number of required written pages and neither goes over or under the specified length of the paper.
GET THIS PROJECT NOW BY CLICKING ON THIS LINK TO PLACE THE ORDER
Do You Have Any Other Essay/Assignment/Class Project/Homework Related to this? Click Here Now [CLICK ME] and Have It Done by Our PhD Qualified Writers!!
Tired of getting an average grade in all your school assignments, projects, essays, and homework? Try us today for all your academic schoolwork needs. We are among the most trusted and recognized professional writing services in the market.
We provide unique, original and plagiarism-free high quality academic, homework, assignments and essay submissions for all our clients. At our company, we capitalize on producing A+ Grades for all our clients and also ensure that you have smooth academic progress in all your school term and semesters.
High-quality academic submissions, A 100% plagiarism-free submission, Meet even the most urgent deadlines, Provide our services to you at the most competitive rates in the market, Give you free revisions until you meet your desired grades and Provide you with 24/7 customer support service via calls or live chats.